Ugli Fruit

I found this fairly unattractive looking fruit at Whole Foods. It's from Jamaica and it's literally called the ugli fruit (perhaps it's not pronounced how I'm imagining?). I was expecting something a little more magical when I sliced it open but it just looks like a grapefruit.  Or perhaps a grapefruit's slightly homely cousin.




Despite it's normal appearance inside I was really pleased with the taste. Like a sweet, slightly citrusy grapefruit.

Please pardon the sunlight in the bottom picture. Living in a basement apartment means there is never any natural light inside so I documented this fruit testing extravaganza outside!





Twitter FaceBook

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pics...working with what you've got light wise! Loving reading your blog so far :)

    ReplyDelete

Hitherto All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger