Reading Lately


Friends! Hello. Last week was brutal. No two ways about it. I had a terrible, horrible, no good cold and I'm still quite busy learning the ropes at the new job so on the whole the week was exhausting. Let's not talk about that though. How about we discuss something more fun. Like this book. Allow me to first say that I didn't read Twilight, I don't consider myself particularly fond of vampires as a genre, and I'm also not 13. In case that was somehow not clear. BUT, I did shamelessly enjoy this book.

I picked it up on a whim without knowing much about it, and was mostly mortified when I realized it was in part a love story between a witch and a vampire. Also, some of the dialogue is embarrassingly bad and it does feel like a first novel (it is), but I have to say in the end Deborah Harkness won me over and I read the last third of the book obsessively. Since Mike got me a Kindle for Christmas I was able to finish the book and moments later have the second book in the trilogy in front of me. Voila!

I also just finished Casual Vacancy and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. It's hard for me to get behind a book that is perpetually depressing and has very few likeable characters.


Twitter FaceBook

Pin It

No Response to "Reading Lately"

Post a Comment

Hitherto All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger